Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kluisbergen - Ruien

I really looked forward to this race; since I was expecting a selective course with some uphill and a nice loop. However; nothing of that: 160 riders; a 5 km loop; a lot of cornering and as flat as a pool table.

Immediately after the start I feel this is going to be a very hard, hard race for me since I just entered competition; all the cornering and the small roads get my hart rate at around 180; constant. I keep this up for about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Then I completely disappointed in myself and this shitty day leave the race. Unfortunately for my nice fans Ruben and Lien next to the road. They were lucky they saw me once. Rationally I know why this race was bad; and I just need more patience; more interval training in races and more competition; however; mentally getting dropped in a race is never easy and very difficult to cope with for me.

Euer,
Joris

No comments:

Post a Comment