Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The last Race of the Year coming up

The month of September is always a hard month for cyclist racers. As the leafs on the trees start to fall, and the season has already been there for over 8 months, cyclists and especially me want to do some other sports. I really long for going out to play tennis, go for a swim or a run; and leave the bike aside for a few weeks or months. The last couple of weeks though I have stayed focused and kept on training like I did before the state championship. I have 1 more upcoming race to go; which is a WISport race in Wisconsin. The race itself is an Open Category race; which makes it especially interesting for me to measure myself against the regional top riders. The race will be this sunday in Cleghorn, WI.

With the last races of the year being there and a long Minnesota winter to look forward to, I am also going to look more at improving my bike effieciency through more excercises for my core body. It is quite remarkable how big of an impact these excersises already had for me up until this point. And I strongly believe that they can be of alot more help when I would do them a whole winter with off course eye for detail and discipline.

Till Sunday for the race report,
Joris

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you...hopefully you'll come in two weeks: http://www.wisport.org/

    ReplyDelete